18/08/2022

My Guiding Light, My Angel

By: Karen N.

I would like to share with you my journey with the Legion of Mary.  I was a junior member of the Legion of Mary when I was in secondary school.  I was invited by a group of angels from senior years who are now my dear friends.  Those were my precious moments in the school when I took up the post as a Legion officer, be able to organise retreat with other Junior Px. for the Curia.  Indeed, these experiences have helped crafting my personality and leadership.  


God always has his plan and we should always have faith in him.  I suspended my Legionary journey when I pursuit university studies.  After years, as contacted by angels from the Senior China Px.  I had an opportunity to revisit my Legionary journey in this big ocean.  I started as a probationer of Senior China Px., refreshing my knowledge and understanding of the Legionary duties and life.  During this process, the officers act as my mentors introducing the Legionary handbook to me, sharing with me their Legionary life.  


I am always inspired by the spiritual readings and allucotio prepared by our Spiritual Directors in the weekly meeting.  In addition to attending Sunday mass, these sessions has enable in depth interaction with the Spiritual Director.  The spiritual advice given  has often reminded me to live and act in accordance with the Bible teaching and to follow the spirit of Mother Mary as a Legionary.  


In the past years, I have entered some new  chapters of my life, getting married, giving birth to my baby girl.  I am glad that I have been with the Legion of Mary. 


Weekly meetings are like lights shining in the ocean.  You can feel/  see them clearly when the environment is dark.  When in doubt or time of difficulties, weekly meetings have often provided insightful teaching and ideas to me.  These have supported me to take up new family roles. 


For my Legionary journey, it is like a life long exploration in the big ocean.   However, one will never be alone.  Once you get on the boat, your fellow members are there to support you despite ups and downs.    Different angels in my Legionary life are like my guiding light.   They shine and they get my back whenever I am lost. 


“Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” (Psalm 119:105). When I cannot see where I am sailing in the big blue ocean or need help seeing, God’s word has helped me finding the way.  Be grateful always.

Share: